Sunday, March 8, 2015

Next Week!

I finished the parent letter, the pledge form, and the reading log for the Readathon. It took me longer than I first expected, mostly because I was so anxious about getting it right. The parent letter is going to be emailed to every single parent in the school, and I'm a little worried about sounding stupid or naive in front of half of my neighborhood.

Tomorrow, the teachers will pass out the forms. I made a "script" for the teachers so they can explain the Readathon and its purpose to the students, but I'm nervous that the little kids won't find any sponsors (and therefore the project won't raise any money). I contacted Hungry Howie's, and they promised to give pizza to the class that raises the most money. I hope that a Pizza Party is a good enough incentive for the kids to work on the project!

Now that the pre-Readathon planning is done, I'm going to email some authors. Hopefully some will be able to read the school their books via Skype as part of the Readathon.

1 comment:

  1. Here is a link to a site that has authors who Skype with classes for free!

    http://www.katemessner.com/authors-who-skype-with-classes-book-clubs-for-free/

    ReplyDelete